Public / Products Liability
Whilst not compulsory by Law most customers insist upon Cover being in force before the work commences.
It protects the company's Legal Liability for injury to any person (other than an employee) and damage to someone else's property arising from the works.
It covers the contract period and for the contractors responsiblity in the defects liability period and beyond.
Examples of claims recently notified include:
- Water Damage caused by a drill through water pipe
- Accidental release of asbestos on site due to damaging asbestos sheeting within structure resulting in the disposal of contents affected
- Damage to surrounding property due to excavation works and the removal or weakening of support
- Fire damage arising from use of heat
- Slip and trip Injuries to third parties on site due to the storage and movement of materials
The Limit of Indemnity is often specified by a client. Most Local Authorities insisting upon a minimum of £5 Million Public Liability.
The cost of insurance is based upon a number of factors. These include:
- types of projects and tasks undertaken
- the number of manual employees
- manual wage roll of the business including payments to labour only and bona fide sub contractors
- the types of premises worked on
- high risk locations - power stations, chemical works, etc
- the Limit of Indemnity selected (£1 Million, £2 Million, £5 Million or £10 Million)
- claims experience
For further information and a quotation please e mail us or telephone on 01634 862525.