This is a Legal requirement in the UK. Insurance is arranged to cover the legal liability of the business for injury or disease to employees arising out of or in the course of their employment.
Cover is included for employees, trainees, agency staff, work experience personel and labour only sub contractors.
Whenever a master servant relationship is established cover should be arranged. Labour only sub contractors enjoy the same rights as employees in respect of injury at work. If you tell a subcontractor what to do and how to do it legal responsibility is created.
The Insurance Industry provides £10 Million Limit of Indemnity as standard with the option for higher Limits for those contractors with large workforces.
The cost of insurance is based upon a number of factors. These include:
- types of projects and tasks undertaken
- the number of manual employees
- manual wage roll of the business including payments to labour only
- the types of premises worked on
- high risk locations - power stations, chemical works, etc
- claims experience
For further information and a quotation please e mail us or telephone on 01634 862525