We are a specialist insurance brokers / advisors for the cleaning industry. We have over 50 years experience in dealing with cover for Cleaning Contractors, Janitorial Suppliers and other associated trades such as Facilities Management.
We will provide tailored industry specific cover including the following valuable extensions in cover:-
- Damage to Property Being Worked Upon – including Carpets, Windows and alike. This is a common exclusion on many standard policy wordings and can often be a fundamental gap in cover for Cleaning Contractors.
- Failure to Secure Customer’s Premises correctly – includes the failure to correctly set alarm systems, close / lock windows and doors and the consequential losses arising from such acts. (Often working outside business hours this can be a common claim area for Contract Cleaners).
- Loss of Keys – Losing keys can render a customer’s premises insecure – we provide cover for replacement locks / keys in such circumstances.
- Misuse of Customer Telephone systems
- Accidental Damage of customer’s goods as well as customer’s cleaning equipment.
As well as the above we will provide cover for the following specialist areas:-
- Shot / Sandblasting and Pressure washing
- High Level Access Work including use of Hydraulic Platforms, ladders and abseilling / cradle work
- Bio Hazard – Crime scene and trauma cleaning including the cleaning of bodily fluids and the like.
- Industrial Cleaning including Dry Ice Cleaning
- Pest Control including the use of shotguns and poisons
We can provide cover for your cleaning equipment anywhere in the UK, as well as cover for your own office contents etc.
We will provide cover for Public / Products Liability of £1m, £2m, £5m or £10m as required by your contracts and work.
Our wealth of knowledge puts us in an ideal position to help resolve claims as well as having detailed knowledge of the types of claims which frequently occur within the industry.
Please Contact Andy, Martin or Matthew to discuss this area - we would welcome your input and would relish the chance to advise on and provide a quotation / recommendations for your particular circumstances:-
Andy Chibeba (BA Hons) Dip CII
Andy has been with UK Special Risks since 2006 and in this time has become an integral part of our team. His primary responsibility is to attract and develop new clients through advice, recommendation and quotes as well as pushing Sales and Marketing Initiatives. In his time at UK Special Risks he has obtained his Diploma in Insurance (CII Qualification) and earned a Highly Commended at the BIBA Young Broker of The Year Awards 2009. Andy is driven and enthusiastic with a specialism in our Electrical Contractors and Cleaning Contractors Scheme products. His forte is putting forward tailored packages of cover whilst providing the most competitive quotation at the same time.
Direct Dial: 01634 662913
Martin Bell BSc FCII
Martin is the Managing Director of UK Special Risks and with over 25 years of knowledge and experience he is a referral point for complex issues. His wealth of knowledge and expertise allows him to make recommendations on practically any class of Commercial Insurance. Martin specialises in cover for the Construction Industry particularly Specialist Sub-Contractors. He has a calm and personable manner and is always happy to advise and help.
Direct Dial: 01634 662911
Matt joined UK Special Risks in 2004, prior to joining us Matt was a Branch Manager for a National Broker. In his time with us he has developed and learnt at a phenomenal pace to become a core member of the team. His innovative and enthusiastic approach is refreshing and easy to deal with for clients. Matt has an expert working knowledge of our Cleaning, Electrical and Kitchen and Bathroom Industry schemes as well as managing many of our key clients at renewal and throughout the lives of their policies. Matt is an extremely easy person to talk to about practically any class of Commercial Insurance and is happy to share his knowledge.
Direct Dial: 01634 662917